Wednesday, December 19, 2018

The search of Shiv in me


2018 is almost over in a flash. Life has taken a roller coaster ride for me in these past twelve months professionally, socially, personally, psychologically and in all sort of …ally’s. The past week, past month, even the past year has moved on an autopilot. Sitting in a remotest colonial and picturesque tea estate in Valparai near Pollachi, I reflect how I spend my time of 2018 in twenty posts and frames.  

My job routine is always exciting with lengthy and brainstorming meetings, discussions, arguments, presentations, proposals, deadlines, negotiations, celebrations, early morning & late night airport check-in’s, and of course disappointments at times. Nevertheless, I found myself hard-pressed to recall any new skills I have learned (or) made any new decisions / choices that made a positive difference to me (or) someone.

My friends often remind me, that I prevail in mid-life crisis, till continue to search for something deeper in life with my inquisitive eyes and soul, but my life has never been stagnant. Midst of all these chores; without losing my typical 9 to 5 job, I balanced to explore new places, met interesting people, walked extra mile to serve the people at the time of their distress and crisis, also wept in tears under my blanket when I had a personal loss. On a brighter side, here’s a quick rewind to my incredible 2018 here with 20 posts and picture perfect shots.

Third week of January 2018, as the winters started receding after Maharsankranti, I took a road trip on a weekend evening to Alampur town in Gadwal district of Telangana State from Raichur, Karnataka. Alampur is a small sleepy town located on the bank of River Tungabadra.  Sacred rivers Tungabadra & Krishna are in confluence near to this town. The road to Alampur town from National Highway 44 was a scenic drive of small hamlets with paddy fields and tobacco cultivation.  This town is considered to be one of the most sacred religious place in Hindu faith with temples dedicated to Lord Jogulamba & Lord Shiva. 

These cardinal temples date back to 7th Century was built by Chalukyas of Badami. As I enter the main temple complex of Alampur, I noticed the architecture was completely different from Dravidian style.  These temples were exemplifying Nagara style of architecture reflecting remarkable architecture skills with intricate carvings. Some of the temples are in ruins damaged, defaced and knocked down during the Muslim invasions in 14th century. Today, these temples stand tall as an affirming glory to Chalukya dynasty. I was keen in the ruins of many shiva temples which has been thrown open to common public as monuments rather than temple. My family members are ardent devotees of Lord Vishnu. Obviously I inherited their faiths. Meanwhile Amish Tripathi and his Shiva Triology books made me a great fan towards Mahadev. Later Sadhguru and Isha Yoga added fuel to my search of Shiva within me.

I stepped into one of a biggest dilapidated shrines in the town to have a glimpse. The main dwara was adorned with fine stone carvings of Hindu mythological sculptures. The temple was dim, filled with absolute stillness.  Bats screeched in the ceiling from one corner to other. I found a Shiv lingam adoring sublimely in the middle of sanctum sanctorum made of ten feet black granite stone. An oil lamp was illuminated before Lingam. Black incense sticks were lit and flowers below the lingam spread a kind of mystical aroma in the air.  I could not move my sight staring at Shivling. I took a comfortable position right in front of Mahadev with my eyes closed for an hour long meditation alone in the biggest temple complex. It was a perfect meditative moment for me; sitting in the darkest chambers of a seventh century temple somewhere in a Deccan plateau as the gentle evening breeze from the backwaters of River Tungabadra and Krishna caressed my body.

Hindu faith worships two main gods – Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva. The Vishnus are leaders who create a new way of life, lead us to a better path by blessing us with more of positive vibes and energy making them propagators of good. Whereas, the Mahadevs are like surgeons who take away the negative vibes and remove sickness, which will destroy the entire body. To have a composed life; one should have a balance of Lord Vishnu & Lord Shiv in their life.  Thoughts transcended me in this trip, that everyone should  bind  to Lord Shiv to remove the more of sickness in them in this materialistic world. With these thoughts, my first road trip in 2018 came to an end. It was a great start for me once again; riding solo to have such meditative moment.  
                                    Coming up next - Buddha in me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment